According to California Recreational Boating Accident Statistics, in 2011 and 2012 alone, there were nearly one thousand boating accidents which resulted in over a hundred fatalities and property damage of almost 8 million dollars. Property related damage involving boats has steadily increased from 3.8 million dollars in 2003, to almost 6 million in 2012.
Given the nature, speed and often alcohol, boating accidents can cause severe injuries, trauma, property damage and even loss of life,.
We can protect your rights
If you’ve been injured as a result of another’s negligence on the water, or a loved one was hurt or killed, contact the boat accident attorney. We will investigate thee accident and determine liability. We will discover whether there was any alcohol use involved by the at fault party. In other cases, a defective product or equipment failure may be the cause.
Safety tips relating to the use of boats
A boat is motor vehicle and should be operated with care and caution on the water ways:
• Don’t drink while driving a boast – You can be charged with boating under the influence if you exceed the legal limit.
• Check the weather forecast before heading out for a boat trip.
• Keep your boat under the maximum capacity. Overloaded boats can be dangerous.
• Keep a floatation device for each passenger on board.
• Complete a course on boating safety.
• Inspect your boat from stem to stern before you head out.
If you or someone you know has been injured as a result of another’s negligence on the water, you may be entitled to compensation. The negligent party may be responsible for your medical bills, lost wages, as well as other financial and possibly emotional damages. Our law firm always offers a free initial consultation on all cases and we are only paid if we win, which means that there is never a fee unless we successfully resolve your case.
If you need our help and immediate assistance, call us now (818) 757-7292 or contact us online today!